venerdì 31 gennaio 2014

Turcopole - Memorial Bust Monreale 2013

Hello Guys

This is the last piece that with a lot of pleasure I had in my hands.

I don't want repeat what my colleagues already wrote, but I can only say you have to got it in your hand, the signature of Mariano Numitone style is simply amazing!

The piece is really enjoyable to paint and despite the "simplicity" it leaves much space for hundred interpretations.

Talking about my version, I started doing a bit of research and in the end I opted to try a middle eastern skintone keeping it enough on warm and brown tones.
I did a bit of effort, being the first attempt on it, but I'm quite happy about the result.

For the cloak and turban I chose black colour, where I overdid the lights with grey to give the impression of sunburned fabric, and at the end I gave a slight haze of yellow ink to increase this effect.

For the "scarf " around the face, the choice fell on a cold color (turquoise ) to frame the face and at the same time to enhance the warm skintone. For the light I deliberately desaturated enough just because I just want it as neutral element of the bust, so favoring the face.

On the jacket I used as a mid tone a brown colour, lightened with ivory colour on the lights and darkened with black colour on shadows. At the end I gave some washing of Sepia and burnt sienna ink by pelikan to saturate it a bit.

Thanks for your attention.

Here's the link to:
for those who want to support me by voting and commenting .

See you with the next job.

Andrea "R.I.P." Nicolini


1 commenti: