mercoledì 8 gennaio 2014

Marcomannic warrior

Hello everyone
This is the last piece that I finished a few weeks ago, and was the first after I had surgery on my hand, so I didn' t try anything new, strange or different, I just focused more to come back to manual and mainly have fun.

Before painting it, I tried to find a bit of informations about the Marcomanni in the web, but I admit I found a few little tables and some other already painted miniatures.
Then I got carried away by the free imagination trying to keep the very natural tone, not overdo it with lights and shadows or oversaturate colors.
I wanted also that the character himself would give the idea of an bleak autumn/winter environment, so I made a cool skin tone, while trying to stay on a pale tone that reflected his red hair that I deliberately oversaturated to frame as better as possible the face.

About the Freehand on the shield I absolutely don't think that is "historically correct", but I wanted to do the same.
The reason is simple and a bit funny, this miniature was given to me years ago by a friend of mine and it was the first historian piece to arrive in my hands,
For a long time it was long in the cabinet mounted, filled and primered but being a gift that I cherish a lot, I've been waiting to get to a worthy level before painting it.

Meanwhile (we are talking about few years ago) one evening I was scribbling out this freehand in a little piece of sheet and I thought there would have been good on the marcomannic warrior's shield. So after I preserved this piece of paper for years and managed not to lose it in 2 movings it was really a matter of principle to use that drawing for the Freehand.

The ambience is intentionally very simple just because I cannot see the historical pieces in “photographic” poses with too complex environments, also wanted a really bleak and barren environment.
I admit that here I could also put a bit of snow, but then I didn't want to overdo for fear of to load too much this piece, that the skintone coat and jacket got already cold tones.

Here's the link to:
for those who want to support me by voting and commenting .

Guys, I hope that you like and see u in the next piece!

Andrea "R.I.P." Nicolini

0 commenti:

Posta un commento