mercoledì 15 gennaio 2014

Turcopole Memorial Bust Monreale 2013


Ciao Guys!
Today I want to show you my latest work.

Turcopole Memorial Bust Monreale 2013

I managed to get this bust participating (unfortunately for me not to live) to the beautiful exhibition of Monreale 2013, for the occasion the club gifted this subject to all entrants.

Knowing that the bust was sculpted by the legendary Mariano Numitone I immediately took care to pick up my copy to paint it!

Before talking about the painting, I would like to mention the sculpture.
In the world of modeling, the small-scale busts are often underestimated busts because usually modeller prefers to paint an entire subject or a bust on a large scale to have more impact in exhibitions and competitions.
Actually a simple subject like this can go unnoticed while for the moments of I find it is very relaxing! It allows you in really few time to get it ready to paint without spend hours to create the ambience, put pins and plaster.
In essence this bust, thanks to the wonderful cleaning of the sculpture is a great pastime among a project and the other ( mainly when we are talking about huge projects) it allows you to relax.
And it's highly recommended for those who want to train on the fabrics just because the perfect sculpture of the fabric folds and the softness of the quilted jacket!

For the painting I started with a black base on which I placed with the airbrush the first light using an ivory color.
After I laid the first base with the inks and using the web to gather information on this subject, I decided the colors based upon the painting tables I found during my image research.

The main bases (winsor and newton ink) are:
- ultramarine blue
- sepia
- carmine red
- green forest 
all these inks are for fabrics, to which I added controlled yellow glazes to give the idea of the sunlight that lights up the subject in the sunset.

From this point, I added the shadows with Raw Umber (acrylic) and lights with white ivory (acrylic), and how shadows and end to the profiling I used the black ink diluted with water 50:50 and for the points of final light titanium white.

For the metal I started from a basic black ink (pellikan) and I added the Games Workshop Boltgun Metal and finally with the metallic ink Winsor and Newton as the final light

For the skin tone I used various glazes with inks carmine red and brown on a acrylic Tortora color base and Ivory white for the lights.

Here's the link to:
CMON 
for those who want to support me by voting and commenting .

Thanks you for the attention.
See you on the next work!
Max "Amon" Richiero

0 commenti:

Posta un commento