martedì 26 novembre 2013

Walking Dead Bust


Hi everybody..
I just write two words on the painting of "Walking Dead bust, the "Zombie" by G.A.St.Art.
I'm sorry but I have no Wip pics 'cause I painted this model during the course I gave in Liguria last October to show the techniques I used at the participants.

1st STEP - I started stretching the acrylic base with airbrush ,as always a semi-gloss black base where I gave the first light using a mix of warm and cold tone to differentiate the various parts.
I have to say that this stage will be almost completely erased during the brush painting job but I really need to have a general idea of the work and the volume.
After for zenithal light, I used a neutral color (khaki to be precise) with a 20% of cold gray.

2nd STEP- After applying the acrylic base, I worked only on the area of the skin tone with oil colors using a mix of 5 colors: Mars Yellow, Prussian Blue, Van Dyke Brown, Cadmium Red and Titanium White.
Through marked nuances and variations of colors I tried to recreate a rotten flesh tone based yellow/ green with shades of red/ purple for the more festering areas.

3rd STEP - Once the oil layer was dried I went to resume the various areas of the shirt and skin tone with acrylic colours to create textures finishing and to increase the finals lights.

4th STEP – When the light and the shadows were finally fixed, it was time to “DIRT” model!
For this operation I used the inks of Winsor&Newton to simulate blood and to highlight the most shiny areas of the flesh.

At the end I added a bit of pigments to deteriorate the shirt and a few strands of glue to the organic flows!

I hope you enjoy the work because I had really a lot of fun to paint!

Thanks for your attention and as alway I recommend..PLAY WITH COLORS!!!

Here's the link to:
CMON 
for those who want to support me by voting and commenting .

Ciao!
Max "Amon" Richiero

1 commenti: