giovedì 9 maggio 2013

Contemptor - Thousands Sons Pre Heresy

Hello guys, long time no see with something substantial!
So then, here I present you my first work which is gonna go on ebay.
You may remember a few months ago my article on how I built and made a Contemptor in Thousands Sons style (aka Egyptian).
It was a real light conversion but that added something you don't see much on the internet.
So I finally painted it.
This is the result, and as you can see, it's a good tabletop quality (my target all along).


Most of the job has been done using airbrush, then the details were painted with the brush.
I used Games Workshop and Vallejo paint (model color and Air).
The base is a mix of red gore and a little purple (warlock or something similar). Then the shadows were created first with Vallejo chocolate brown, then with some black and blue (both vallejo air).
The lights are made with Vermillion and then a very light mix of vermillion and sunny skintone.
The metals are Games workshop (steel) and Golden acrylics Heavy body (bronze and copper). Each metal part has been highlighted and then washed with some ink.
The little freehands are done with oils, so in case I made a mistake I could have cleaned it with some turpentine.
Below you can see the different swappable weapons (remember, they are magnetized)
.
SETUP 1

SETUP 2

The base is simply airbrushed with a sandy brown, then drybrushed with different earth greenish-greyish colors. Finally I added some yellowish grass glued with Vinavil.

I'd like to thank Giovanni "ilnanonefasto" Bosio for the pictures he made me. Thank you!

The link on CMON is http://www.coolminiornot.com/332108. Go vote!

You may also remember how I decided to make a space marine squad in the same guise.
The next article will feature that space marine assault squad with the same Pre Heresy colour scheme of the Contemptor

Andrea "Kraan" Buratta

0 commenti:

Posta un commento