giovedì 16 maggio 2013

Lt. ZOSA BARKER


Hello Guys

Let me present my last little work.
Lt. ZOSA BARKER

the model is by Studio McVey released in 2011, that I bought it in the limited resin edition.
To be more precise, as you can see by the pics is the number 13 of 150.
The really nice and precious thing about these models is that they are accompanied by a watermarked  leaflet , such as certificate of authenticity with the concept of the subject and the lot of the minitature.

Well on the model there is nothing to complain, the size is a classic 28mm that due the anatomy of the character becomes a 32mm..all muscles and armor.
The cast is perfect, just a few subtle fusion line, easy to clean and effortlessly.

I don't deny that I've lost a lot of time thinking about the ambience, because the model is so nice of his way and it's a shame to change it or customize it.

So I took a simple plint 3x3x3 cm (bought by 27rosso), few metal temples , a piece of plasticard, a piece of mosquito net, a rattle of Lindt chocolate bunnies and with a bit of glue and milliput I started to play.
Here you are the result, that you already see on my last Workyard

And so we arrived to the crucial point, the painting.
The boxart is very simple and clean, which leaves a lot of space to play with customizations.
The problem, at least, my problem..find out an idea.

I decided to use the technique MNM, that usually I only use game models, taking suggestions on the work that I found on CGSociety or DeviantArt, to be precise in this case I was inspired by the armor of QEV by Etienne Jabbour 

It is a long time that I take as a reference the 2D and 3D designers, both for the painting and the sculpture (in my case we are talking about small changes)
Thanks to the internet, long before the model and miniature maker, a lot of "digital designers" were able to open an own window in the world by providing thousand of pixels of masterpieces, and most importantly of tutorials.
So it just a matter of patience and many hours of web surfing.
But then again there are really thousands of images as example.
As for the tutorial, maybe later I'll put an article with a list of interesting 2D and 3D tutorials as well for painting mini.

I'm not dwelling too much on the colors used, because I know that write a colour recipe is not very useful and I could not take pics of my wetpallet  restricted to the timing.
However, the model has been painted with a brush and acrylic, almost all Vallejo Model Color, the skin of Zosa was finished with brown ink Citadel as the last step, to give the satin effect to the skin.
The dirty effects, were made with pigments and with a very diluted mix of old black and brown ink by Citadel.
For the base, after the usual double layer of primer, first black, then white, I used the washing of Vallejo colors mixed with pigments, so as to have the effect opaque and very dusty.
In the darker areas, instead of adding acrylic color to the pigment, I used the usual mix of Citadel ink and water mixing directly to the pigment, so to have a more "focused", dark and less dusty.

But back to the model and the images.





As always for who want comment it and vote it on CMON I leave you the link here

I hope that you like it.
See you next article.
Cesare "Trevis_11" Trevisiol

2 commenti: