domenica 19 maggio 2013

ABOUT US - Interview: New Member R.I.P.


Hi Guys

Today we are so pleased to announce that there is a new member on Hysteria Yard Team.
Let us introduce him by the Amon's little interview during Genova Figurines Empire, at Sheraton Hotel.

Present yourself: name, surname, age, nickname and the reason behind it.
Ciao, my name is Andrea Nicolini and I am 31. My nickname is R.I.P. The reason behind it concerns the name of my girlfriend and the peace I found after meeting her...


How long have you been painting? Why did you start?
It's about 10 years. I started because some friends started playing Confrontation (of the now defunct Rackham). They had no intention of painting their models, I wasn't interested in the game but I have always been fond of drawing and Art. So when they asked me to try painting them, I said yes.
For the first 5 years I painted seldomly, I was just interested in the "tabletop level". Also because I didn't know any other painter, and so I just stagnated. Then I met the "Legio Pictorum" forum, and the gates opened: people like minded on an artistic and personal level. Now I paint to become better and better...

Who's your favourite painter/sculptor? Who's your inspiration?
It's a difficult question, there are too many of them. If you want two names I can say I really like Fabrizio”Rusto” Russo because of the way he uses the colors, there is no equal to him, and I really like Max “Amon Chakai” Richiero because the way he uses them it is crazy.
But there are still to many of them and usually I look up at the pieces more than their authors, trying to understand how they get a certain result and I try to learn watching (that's why contest are so helpful, you watch the pieces live). As sculptors I really dig Andrea Jula, my favourite and then comes Joaquin Palacios, a dragon!

Do you have a particular piece? What's your favourite?
There's too many! The first that pops in my mind is the first piece that truly made my jaw drop and it's the piece that pushed me to do better. It's the BELAK’HOR  with which Francesco Farabi won the slayer sword in 2007 (is that right?), than there is the great MASQUES by Fabrizio Russo, one of my favourite, And also because it's in my cabinet there is FEAR by Max Richiero because it shows how with few resources you can create a splendid work…

Can you show us some piece?
Bullk Brock

Goblin Captain

Gladius
These three are made in acrilyc, using mostly "Allegro" colors. I prefer not using premade colours for the skintone, I make them starting with primary colours, my specialty infact are "non human" skintones.

Taurus
This is my second experiment with oil colors. It's a technique I really like but because of the time required I use it rarely, really a pity.

Shield
This is my first serious try doing “freehand”, It's an area that always captivated me but I never really tried seriously, now that I tried I can say it's quite fun just doing it for the sake of doing it on something such a banner or shield.

Happy that now R.I.P.  is joing the Team, we are waiting for his next work on this channel.
Here you can watch his gallery on Putty and Paint
Stay tuned!

Hysteria Yard Team
Interview by Max "Amon Chakai" Richiero
Translation by: Andrea "Kraan" Buratta

0 commenti:

Posta un commento