mercoledì 10 aprile 2013

TNT


Good evening followers

Here is one of my latest pieces.
T N T

When I saw this piece of the series Malifaux by Wyrd miniatures at the first time I immediately think:
TRIGUN Yasuhiro Nightow, Vash de Stampede and the magical steampunk western world.

Maybe was been the dynamism of the piece, the cigar in his mouth, goggles or the burning fuse in the wheelbarrow full of dynamite and the ambience was already ready in my mind..a mine.

Fascinated by the idea of ​​a piece in anime style (arid and lifeless ambience and characters with bright colors and low-contrast), I tried the experiment.
I used dead tones, dust and age effects on the ambience helped as well as sandpaper, inks and pigments. Instead on the character I used highly saturated colors , opaque effect on the skintone and softer contrasts a bit on the opposite way with the fantasy painting trend, but in full anime style.
I also had a lot of fun in the studio of his pants.
As you can see in all miniature one on which you could play more with light and shadows were just pants.
So without ruining the effect "anime" flat, the pants allowed me to vent for texture.

Last touch to finish, the title ( not really the least because I painted it first of all).
Here below there is a little SBS guide how I made the title.

Once ready the base, I colored the plint with GW ink (Flesh Wash) mixed with black acrylic.
As always use the color well diluted, so as to pass in the event one or more hands and not to risk having a shade too dark.
The pleasant thing to not primer the plint wood is that the wood absorbs the liquid color, except in the veins due to the resin of the timber, thus maintaining the natural design of the wood itself.
In addition, you can play on the fact of any possible changes, with sandpaper, sponge, pigments, wood varnish or acrylic and oil paints, according to the different effects that you want to give.

After that I sanded the plinth with the sandpaper, trying to mark more on the central part of each side.

So I gave him a first-hand of so diluted transparent resin for wood.
After that I have glued the planks for the title directly on the plint.
For the little boards I suggest you to stock up (especially during summer) wooden stick for ice cream.

For the wood of the title, there was no need to change the mix of color and ink as it is enough to give some extra hand-colored for a much darker effect.
I can suggest you to push more as possible the colour on the recesses and corners to got a more weathered effect.

So I  sanded a bit the title too, always on the center and just a bit on the edges of the title
At this point I gave it a coat of  transparent varnish for wood very diluted also on the title.

Once dry the varnish I painted the name TNT in matt white and I simply added a profiling black (like a shadow).
Armed of sandpaper and a toothpick, I started to ruin the plint surface and title (including written TNT)
The toothpick is useful because with the sandpaper, the points where the glaze of varnish meets the natural resin of the wood tends to come off in flakes, with the toothpick I removed these small flakes.
Finishing touches with white writing and on the edges .. and et-voila ruined your base is ready.

And now enough words, I leave you with the pics of this piece.






If you like to go to vote or comment this piece here you are the link to CMON:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/329906

And I remind you that the phase of voting for the contest of Wyrd on Wamp forum is running out, if you have already not voted and you are a member, I highly recommend you go on the following link..and VOTE!
http://www.wampforum.com/VB4/showthread.php?t=15439

Bye For now!

Cesare "Trevis_11" Trevisiol

0 commenti:

Posta un commento