venerdì 15 febbraio 2013

Tutorial: Converting a Contemptor: Thousand Sons Style











Hello comrades in arms!

Today I bring you my first article ever, ever!
I will show you my conversion of the Contemptor, or cool Dreaddy!
I purchased this piece from Forgeworld quite a long ago, but only last month I decided to start building it, with a twist.
These are the two culprits for the conversion, the first comes from the great Julien Casses,
This piece is everything I look for in a single miniature prepared for a GD: a cool subject, a (pre-heresy, more or less) thousands sons hero; I nice but simple conversion that does not requires a professional sculptor; a great base with lots of tiny details but nonetheless not excessive; great scheme of colours; a tutorial on how it's done.

The second one ..I really don't know, but Kudos!

I really like Thousands sons fluff. They are cool and they are egyptians! How mystic is that!

The torso here shows just the scarab. It's from the warsphinx by Games Workshop (lots of cool bits).
I suggest that for this type of conversion using bits of Gw is really useful and fast!
Later you will see I added also a gem and some skulls above the head.

The disk on the head is from the little skull from the warsphinx. I separated the skull from the disk and recycled it.
The two shoulders. One has a scarab (duh!) and the other some parchments. The scarab is a green stuff copy of the scarab...coming from...guess?
You may have noticed that I put roung earth magnets inside the shoulder socket. I choose to equip my contemptor with a few different weapons.
Be careful with the sides of the magnets while pasting. Remedy of mistake could be really difficult and it will take you a long time.
As you can notice the way I built it you can only choose two right weapons and two left weapons. 
The bottom part, the most tricky, was built and glued straight away. I used some column sections, an egyptian decorative piece from Scibor, an old resin base with stones.
I put the various elements together with vallejo pumice, I great product I use constantly to make bases, terrain, glueing parts in a diorama...
The little skull is what is left of the original I talked above.
These are the final shots. 
It's not really primed. I just sprayed the black and then some white just so I could take pictures. 
I used the primers from GW.
I think I will add some bigger parchments I got from a friend of mine (once it's painted I will post more details about it).

See ya! 
Andrea "Kraan" Buratta

Article and Pics by: Andrea "Kraan" Buratta




0 commenti:

Posta un commento