martedì 19 marzo 2013

Captain-Deacon Zaitseva



Hello Painters!
Today I will talk about my latest work.
I painted this miniature for the winter online contest by Smart Max: Brrr... it's Smart Max's Winter Painting Contest!

The sculpture of this piece is great, the printing resin doesn't show any faults and the mounting operation was fast.
Usually when I face a new piece as a first step I think how to set the ambience and in this case I thought that best setting was a "battlefield" even if foregone.. I wanted the scene to be easy to understand
So I added on the back a can of fuel with bullet holes and a helmet on the ground to make the scene more dramatic.
Generally for painting, I used warm colors on almost all surface of the model, I only included cold colour glazes in the shadows to make them deeper and to increase the contrast.
The most fun parts to be painted are definitely the face and the lower part of the body
For the jacket I chose a army green tone not too bright just because I didn't want to shift attention by the face.
For the pants I chose a neutral tone and I worked a lot on volumes and contrasts to emphasize the really good sculpture.
Finally I used a bright red for the hair to attract attention to the head as much as possible!
For the ambience I used a variety of pigments and oils to make real the ground, this also allows me to work on the contrast Glossy/Matt of surfaces.
I hope you enjoy the piece!
Thank you!






Max “Amon” Richiero

1 commenti:

  1. Bella, le mele muscolose e lumeggiate in quel modo danno parecchio l'idea di fisico atletico :-p

    RispondiElimina